Monday, March 10

today's question

in a swap a bit ago, I received a "dear blog" heart with lots of little prompts in it..and tonite, im gonna start doing some of them. so, tonite i drew out :
if your house caught on fire, what would you take with you?
i'm going to assume that its my twnhouse. Obviously, I would grab my purse with my wallet in it, and my computer. My computer because it has all my pictures and songs on it, my journals, papers and work from the last 4 years. I would also grab as many of my turtles as I could, plus the jewelry that really means alot to me - my turtle necklaces from my parents, the daughter necklace, etc. I would grab my shot glasses, as they mark all the places i've visited, and if i still had time, my sewing machine and the boxes with my swap packages and crafting supplies.

Its really weird that I drew that one. Last night I had a dream that I was at home and my family got a phone call that the family property on top of the mtn, (they should know what im talking about) was burning and we needed to get up there. When we got there, there was a trailor on the property burning, but the house itself, gorgeous and lovely and everything I remember it as, had yet to be touched. After seeing some friends of mine and playing with their super fat kitten (I called it a rolypoly) I ran into the house and started grabbing pictures. I remember mom and dad asking why Im doing it and I told them that the house was going to burn and I had to save the pictures...when I woke up, I was crying. Crying because I couldnt save all the pictures before I was woken up or woke myself up...that house burned when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade I think...

I have no idea why it was in my mind last night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweetie! Congrats on using a real blog engine, not that live journal stuff ;-)

    hehe.

    About your trip blog though, does blogspot not support post categories? That way you could have a "General" category and a "trips" category? Or is there some other reason you went with two blogs?

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete