Sunday, February 17

The Valentines Day Story.

Jersey peoples are up this weekend, they evidently have Monday off, and I am quite bitter I do not. We met them last night for breakfast (yes, I said that right) then we had Hardees today. Steve and I hung out, watched the Obama/Clinton speeches in Wisconsin and he went off to play Monopoly with them.
Why Terri, you ask, why did you not go play Monopoly with them? Well, you see, I dont like real Monopoly rules. I've never played with them..(You can ask me about my monopoly rules sometime if you like, but it involves trading favors for safety, making additional houses/hotels out of candy, making additional money out of paper and all around crazyness)

Ok, so, valentines day: Steve-o normally has to work until 10pm, so when he told me the earliest he would try to squeeze out was 9:30, I was sad, but could deal. Around 8:30 he calls, tells me he's running behind and can't make it till later than even normal. Yea, I started tearing up, said ok, and hung up. I was really upset because I was convinced he had completely forgot and would show up with something lame to try to recover. Sorry, I know it's bad to admit it, but I dont have very many good holiday experiences, much less good valentines day ones. Anyway, I hear someone knocking at the door, and I have no idea who it is because Steve isnt supposed to be there for HOURS, so I ignore it. It didnt go away. I go down to answer the door and BOOM, there he is. Bouquet in hand...I promise to take better pictures of those soon.

I started crying, after I hit him for messing with my head, and after some reassurance it was a happy cry, we went upstairs. I bought him some wine glasses, a meat thermometer and some nice shirts to wear to work, so he opened those, and I saw alot of the face to the right. They fit well, and looked really good on him, so I was happy. Then, he took me downstairs and made it even better. What goes with flowers on Valentines Day? Chocolate of course, and why would MY steve go for regular sized chocolates, when he could get Sam's Club sized chocolates. Yeah, they're bigger than his head. We've been eating on the Reese Cup easter eggs for a while now, and well, you cant tell it at all. Though when they're gone, I'm going to be really sad... He whisked me off to dinner at the Draft House, where we had good food, horrible beer and a really sweet night. Tomorrow, he's taking me to the Mongolian Grill here in Raleigh as a nicer-Vday dinner.


I almost forgot, my mom and dad got me this ADORABLE key holder, thats turtles...duh, and a really sweet bag that I've carried all week, that I'll have to take a picture of, but it's late, and I am tres tired. So, bye bye y'all.

1 comment:

  1. awesome! sounds like a great night together. I am happy you got a "good" holiday experience, cause you deserve it!

    p.s. I <3 the face steve is making in the 1st pic! Looks like something my hubby would do. :P

    ReplyDelete